Don’t forget about the person that loves you the most in this world next week. We’ve got lots of fun and pretty things for her.
happy mother’s day to all those amazing mums out there from the Personify team
I’ll never be able to give back everything that was given to me by my mom, but I wish I could in some ways. I hope my children one day say the same of me.
I wish I could send her a note in her lunchbox every day saying “I love you, have the best day ever.”
I wish I could go to her tennis matches, basketball games, and cross country meets even though I know she hates them.
I wish I could take her to the hospital every damn time she has strept throat.
I wish I could let her crawl into bed with me when she is scared.
I wish I could do these things, and many many more, because she did all these things for me.
My friends are starting to become mothers and I’m learning that this is what Motherhood (and parenthood in general) is: giving it all without getting much back. I hope though that I can give back some of the all-in love I had as a child now in our adult relationship.
I hope my mom knows she has someone on her team on the days when it seems like everyone else is on a different team.
I hope my mother can see me give my life away to my kids as she did for me.
I hope my husband and I can honor her in ways she has never been honored before.
I hope we can invite her over for dinner and feed her 1/1000 of the times she has fed me.
I hope Basil always gets excited when I tell her we are going to see her “Loppy.”
Happy Mother’s Day Mom! We love you so much. I love you so much.
Lunchbox Love Note
By Kenn Nesbitt
Inside my lunch
to my surprise
a perfect heart-shaped
love note lies.
The outside says,
“Will you be mine?”
and, “Will you be
I take it out
and wonder who
would want to tell me
“I love you.”
Perhaps a girl
who’s much too shy
to hand it to me
eye to eye.
Or maybe it
was sweetly penned
in private by
a secret friend
Who found my lunchbox
and slid the note in
on the sly.
Oh, I’d be thrilled
if it were Jo,
the cute one in
the second row.
Or could it be
Has she found out
I’m sweet on her?
My mind’s abuzz,
my shoulders tense.
I need no more
of this suspense.
My stomach lurching
in my throat,
I open up
my little note.
Then wham! as if
it were a bomb,
inside it reads,
“I love you—Mom.”
1. Rifle Paper Co Weekly Desk Planner $12 || 2. Barr-Co Oatmeal Hand and Body Cream $25 || 3. The New Bohemians: Cool and Collected Homes by Justina Blakeney $35 || 4. Ali and Bird Saffron Shell with Lapis Necklace $110 || 5. Tammy Lopez Original Painting “Pastel Cove” $545 || 6. Pehr Designs Mustard Poppy Bin $40
Now, moms should feel special all year long, but, Mother’s Day is the perfect time to show your mom how much you really appreciate her. I’ve come up with my top picks for Mother’s Day that work in any budget. As I told a friend the other day that said, “I don’t usually get my mom anything for Mother’s Day (lol)”… It’s about time to start & I bet your mom doesn’t think that’s funny! (it was a boy, obvi)
1. I don’t know anyone who needs to be more organized than Mom so help her out with this gorgeous and pretty in pink weekly deskpad planner from Rifle Paper Co. There are 52 easy tear off pages. Not only can Mom keep track of weekly meetings, appointments, and events, but she can jot down notes, phone calls, and lists.
2. Help Mom feel luxurious with this amazing Oatmeal Hand and Body Cream from Barr-Co Bath & Body. The cream is made with shea butter, colloidal oatmeal, natural botanicals, aloe leaf juice, and other ingredients known to moisturize skin (yummy). It’s even perfect for moms to be.
3. Not much to say about The New Bohemians by Justina Blakeney other than IT”S AMAZING and I would be happy to get this present any day of the year. She has amazing taste and style. The homes have so much personality and offer many hours of eye candy perusing. Not a book your Mom would love? Check out our growing selection of books.
5. Your Mom needs this amazing Tammy Lopez original to hang on her wall (definitely my favorite to date)! The soft pastel color palette is perfect for Mother’s Day. WOW your Mom with this amazing, one of a kind, piece of art. Call 706-782-0388 for more information.
If you think Mom would rather pick out her own gift, we now offer gift cards both online and in store! Stop by to purchase an in-store card:
Or even easier: Order one online below, print off, and bam! Mom will be a very happy camper. Remember, we have free shipping on most items when order exceeds $50.
And now that the stress of finding a gift is over, let the Mom celebrating begin!