Don’t forget about the person that loves you the most in this world next week. We’ve got lots of fun and pretty things for her.
happy mother’s day to all those amazing mums out there from the Personify team
We are three weeks into our new space and starting to feel settled and SO HAPPY. I wanted to post some pictures for those of you who are out of town or haven’t had a chance to come in.
Our wall shelves are filled with some of our favorite makers’ work and home goods.
The view from our front doors (the left side).
The other side of the shop (right side).
Our spring clothes … they’re just too good. We get new things in weekly, and sometimes daily. Please let me know if there’s something you see here that you don’t see on our online shop – we ship all over.
I also wanted to give you guys an update on our Lakemont shop. If you’re subscribed to our newsletter you already know this (if you’re not – subscribe here) . BUT after many conversations, thoughts, and prayers we have made the decision to focus our energies to our new Duluth location and not reopen Personify in Lakemont. This was a very difficult decision for us as we’ve invested SO MUCH the past three years in this lovely little town and have met many many wonderful people. It was the best decision for our family and we are excited about the future of Personify.
If you’re a Lakemont customer please please please do not be a stranger. We miss you guys already and want to hear from you! Let me know how we can keep you stocked on all your fave Personify goodies.
I’m excited to share this Artist Series with you all! I saw Yu Square socks not long ago online and I knew they belonged in Personify Shop with their bright colors and bold patterns.
Yu Square is a knitwear, textile design studio started and run by Ringo Yu. The first year she started the company, she knitted all the clothing garments herself, gradually adding scarves and beanies to her collection. After careful consideration, she started working with local manufacturers to produce knitwear pieces and socks. She currently works full time as a textile designer and a machine knitter at her studio in Taipei, Taiwan.
It’s been a joy working with Ringo and I loved reading her answers to our interview questions below. After reading, head on over to our New Arrivals section to see our collection of Yu Square socks!
1. How did you get started with what you do?
I’ve loved to draw and make stuff since I was little, so it was a natural path for me to study textile design. There I can combine my passion of both drawing and making. After graduating from CSM I started to work in the high fashion industry, but the fast-paced intensive lifestyle left me stressed out and uninspired, surrounded by bling sequins and luxury fabrics. In order to find my passion again, I began to design and knit some garments in my free time and tried to sell them online. With more and more orders from people I realized that this is what I should do! Eventually I quit my job and working full time for YU Square.
Vibrant and cheerful. I can’t live without colours and I want to design things that make people happy and smile while wearing them, or even just looking at them. Life can be awful and we need colours to rescue our souls.
The greatest thing about my job is that I enjoy it more than anything else. No kidding, I love knitting THAT MUCH. Besides it’s nice that I have full control of my time, for example during low season I can arrange a short vacation time without approval from a boss…
The muscle of my right arm gets bigger and stronger due to constantly knitting. Errr Nrrrrrr!
Grab every chance to learn new things. Be brave to accomplish your goals, though some of them may not work out in the end. Trying and learning it doesn’t work is better than not trying and regretting not doing it, at least now you know where it can be improved.
Those amazing bottle openers! I love drinking with friends on Friday nights and these openers would definitely add some fun to it.
Nigel Peake, Nicola Rowlands and Kelly Puissegur! They are my most favourite illustrators by the way.
1. Rifle Paper Co Weekly Desk Planner $12 || 2. Barr-Co Oatmeal Hand and Body Cream $25 || 3. The New Bohemians: Cool and Collected Homes by Justina Blakeney $35 || 4. Ali and Bird Saffron Shell with Lapis Necklace $110 || 5. Tammy Lopez Original Painting “Pastel Cove” $545 || 6. Pehr Designs Mustard Poppy Bin $40
Now, moms should feel special all year long, but, Mother’s Day is the perfect time to show your mom how much you really appreciate her. I’ve come up with my top picks for Mother’s Day that work in any budget. As I told a friend the other day that said, “I don’t usually get my mom anything for Mother’s Day (lol)”… It’s about time to start & I bet your mom doesn’t think that’s funny! (it was a boy, obvi)
1. I don’t know anyone who needs to be more organized than Mom so help her out with this gorgeous and pretty in pink weekly deskpad planner from Rifle Paper Co. There are 52 easy tear off pages. Not only can Mom keep track of weekly meetings, appointments, and events, but she can jot down notes, phone calls, and lists.
2. Help Mom feel luxurious with this amazing Oatmeal Hand and Body Cream from Barr-Co Bath & Body. The cream is made with shea butter, colloidal oatmeal, natural botanicals, aloe leaf juice, and other ingredients known to moisturize skin (yummy). It’s even perfect for moms to be.
3. Not much to say about The New Bohemians by Justina Blakeney other than IT”S AMAZING and I would be happy to get this present any day of the year. She has amazing taste and style. The homes have so much personality and offer many hours of eye candy perusing. Not a book your Mom would love? Check out our growing selection of books.
5. Your Mom needs this amazing Tammy Lopez original to hang on her wall (definitely my favorite to date)! The soft pastel color palette is perfect for Mother’s Day. WOW your Mom with this amazing, one of a kind, piece of art. Call 706-782-0388 for more information.
If you think Mom would rather pick out her own gift, we now offer gift cards both online and in store! Stop by to purchase an in-store card:
Or even easier: Order one online below, print off, and bam! Mom will be a very happy camper. Remember, we have free shipping on most items when order exceeds $50.
And now that the stress of finding a gift is over, let the Mom celebrating begin!